Here is Orange Knowledge Programme in The Netherlands – open for application. Interested and qualified candidates are expected to check the scholarship guidelines below for eligibility, requirement, and how to apply.
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) offers scholarships funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs available for a selection of:
- short courses (round 1: duration 2 weeks to 12 months; round 2: duration 2 weeks to 7 months);
- master’s programmes (duration 12 to 24 months)
Students from Countries eligible to apply for Orange Knowledge Programme in The Netherlands
Please note that the list of participating countries is subject to change and is yet to be updated. In previous rounds, you were eligible for an OKP scholarship if you are a national of and working in:
Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, and Yemen.
The Scholarship is focused on the following:
The Orange Knowledge Programme has an increased focus on study programmes related to the themes of:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Security and the Rule of Law
Qualified applications within these themes will be prioritised, but applications in other fields are still welcome.
criteria needed for Orange Knowledge Programme in The Netherlands
A limited number of scholarships is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- living and working in an OKP country;
- proficient in English or French;
- working in one of the priority areas for their country;
- can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after their studies;
You need English or French language skills to follow classes in the Netherlands. Demands for certificates showing language skills differ per education institution.
Priority themes per country
The main priority areas of the Orange Knowledge Programme are;
- sexual and reproductive health and rights
- security and rule of law
- food and nutrition security
- water management
There are focus areas for each country. Please note that these focus areas, as well as the list of countries is subject to change. Only applications that fall within the focus area of your country of employment are eligible.
Is your field of experience eligible for funding? Please check the Country Focus Document (224.27 kB)
You need an employer statement that is signed by you and your employer. It shows us that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to your country. This is required because the OKP is focused onstrengthening organisations by strengthening people.
If you are a civil servant, it might be necessary to sign a government statement. This certifies the support of your government for your OKP application.
Please check whether your local government requires a government statement:
Government statement requirements
The education institution will inform you on the requirements needed for your application. As this scholarship is for working professionals, applications from students will not be taken into consideration. In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- that you work within the priority themes for your country as mentioned above;
- how the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- how you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study.
How to apply
You cannot apply online on this website. Please follow the steps below and apply through the Dutch education institution of your choice.
- Check if your application falls within the OKP focus areas determined for your country.
- Check if you meet the OKP eligibility criteria.
- Find a course on the OKP course list. Please find a study, using the filter ‘Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)’.
- Ask your employer whether they are willing to nominate you for an OKP scholarship.
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to receive more information about the application procedure, the academic requirements and the link to apply online.
- Prepare your application: employer statement, motivation, passport, government statement (if required).
- During an application round, submit your application online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution. Please be aware of the application deadline of the educational institution of your choice.
Deadlines of application rounds
You can only apply for a scholarship during an open application round.
The following rounds are provisionally expected for 2023:
- Round 1: submit applications between 8 February – 30 March 16.00 CET for courses starting between 24 July 2023 and 31 January 2024.
- Round 2: submit applications between 28 June – 5 September 16.00 CET for courses starting after 1 February 2024.
All courses must be completed before 31 August 2024 with the exception of co-financed master’s programmes.
Deadlines per institution
Please note that educational institutions may set a shorter deadline for application. Please consult your educational institution for the exact deadlines.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Candidates register with their Dutch education institution
2. Dutch institution nominates candidates and submits grant application
3. Embassies check eligibility and assess applications
4. Selection results available for Dutch education institutions
5. Grants awarded through Dutch education institutions
Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application. The Dutch education institution through which you applied for the scholarship will contact you on the results of your application
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.studyinholland.nl/study/scholarships/highlighted-scholarships/orange-knowledge-programme
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship 2023 Application Guide
- UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship 2023 Application Guide
- Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships 2023 Application Guide
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 Application Guide
- The Gates Scholarship USA 2023 Application Guide
We want to believe that this scholarship guideline was useful to you. If you have any comments, or questions to ask, please do well to make use of the comment box below and we will attend to all of them as soon as we see them.