Here is Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals – open for application. Interested and qualified candidates are expected to check the scholarship guidelines below for eligibility, requirement, and how to apply.
About SI Scholarship for Global Professionals?
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester.
In order to have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalise your application in time. Please read through the following pages carefully.
What you get as a scholarship recipient:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
The scholarship does not:
- Provide additional grants for family members.
- Cover the application fee to University Admissions.
- Allow changes to the study programme. We are only able to support you through the awarded master’s programme.
- Allow extensions or changes to the awarded scholarship period.
Criteria & Eligibility for SI Scholarship for Global Professionals
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
Does Not Eligible to Apply
Regardless of all the eligibility criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals if you:
- have already resided in Sweden for cumulatively two years or more, prior to the scholarship period (starting August 2023);
- have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college. Previous participants of the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), and students who have attended SI summer courses in the Swedish language or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU) may still apply;
- already hold a degree from a Swedish university/university college;
- are currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college;
- have a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship*, a Swedish permanent residence permit or a temporary work- and residence permit based on work or on family ties with a citizen of Sweden/EU/EEA country who has a temporary or permanent right of residence in Sweden; or
- have dual citizenship in countries not listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients 2022-2023.
*Exception: students with dual citizenship in Romania may apply for a scholarship even though they are EU citizens, and must state the citizenship that is eligible for the scholarship when applying to both SI as well as University Admissions.
Required documents for SI Scholarship for Global Professionals
We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You have to use SI’s provided forms, and you must complete your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
A complete application consists of:
- CV (we only accept the SI-template)
- Letters of reference (we only accept the SI-template)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (we only accept the SI-template)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Note! Your application will be disqualified if any of the above is missing.
How to Apply for a Global Professionals scholarship
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about the required documents and forms under Criteria.
- Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2023 14:59 CET. Access will be available on this page during the application period.
Note! Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last days to apply. No admission past deadline 28 February 14:59 CET is accepted as the portal will be closed.
We trust that we were able to give you all the information you required regarding this scholarship. Please leave any questions you may have in the space provided below
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- UNESCO GEM Report Fellowship 2023 Application Guide
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 Application Guide
- International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2023 Application
- University of Mississippi Scholarships 2023 Application Guide
- Birkbeck University of London Scholarships 2023 Application Guide
Check and apply for other Scholarships on our website.