Clark Fellowship is open to international students from all over the world who intend to undertake the postdoctoral research at The Clark Art Institute USA for academic year 2023-2024. Clark provides between eleven and sixteen scholarships each year, varying in length from one to ten months, with the bulk awarded for one academic semester.
National and international scholars, critics, curators and museum professionals are welcome to propose projects that broaden and enhance the understanding of the visual arts and their role in culture. The Institute combines a public art museum with a complicated set of research and academic programs, including a significant art history library. Clark is an global center for debate of the nature of art and its history.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Clark Art Institute
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Visual culture.
- Program Period: Ranging in duration from one to ten months.
- Deadline: October, 2023
Clark Art Institute Fellowship is awarded on a scale related to need and earnings, up to a maximum rate of $30,000 per semester. Fellows’ tax liability to the United States government will be considered in accordance with the tax regulations of the Internal Revenue Service on a case-by-case basis. Travel to and from the Clark will be reimbursed for the scholar and an accompanying family member.
Fellows are normally provided with an apartment in a recently refurbished and expanded late nineteenth-century house across the street from the Clark campus. Six apartments are available, ranging in size from one to two bedrooms, with additional common spaces. Each apartment is fully furnished and linked to the Clark’s computer network. Accommodation and services, except long-distance telephone, will be provided by the Clark. Pets are not permitted in the Scholars’ Residence. No smoking is permitted inside any Clark building.
Fellows are provided with a private office in the Manton Research Center, accessible from 8 am until 11 pm (early closing times on weekends). Computers and IT support will be provided upon request.
Eligibility Criteria for Clark Art Institute Fellowship
To be eligible for Clark Art Institute Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- They may come from the academic or museum worlds, or from other professional backgrounds.
- Applicants should hold a PhD or demonstrate equivalent professional experience.
- They may be employed, full- or part-time, or be independent scholars, curators, and/or critics.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent research skills: experience with independently carrying out empirical research, experience with qualitative research (conducting interviews, qualitative analysis), preferably also experience with quantitative research.
How to Apply for Clark Art Institute Fellowship?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this fellowship:
- Fill out the application.
- Upload a description of your proposed project with a 500 character.
- Write down your referees information (please note they have to send a one-page letter for this email [email protected]).
- After clicking the ‘submit’ button please send the following requirements to [email protected]
- A curriculum vitae (pdf; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer).
- A statement (pdf; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer) in English that outlines the assumptions and critical commitments that animate your project. It is important to situate the project within the context of existing research; to indicate what is new or unusual in both subject and/or method; and to explain why there is a disciplinary need for this particular project.
Click HERE to apply
We trust that we were able to give you all the information you required regarding this scholarship. Please leave any questions you may have in the space provided below.
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- Harvard University Aspire Emerging Leaders Program
- Horatio Alger Scholarship Application Guide
- A*Star International Fellowship
- GEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship for Scientists in Developing Countries
- University of Minnesota Fellowship Application
Check and apply for other Scholarships on our website.