Harvard University Aspire Emerging Leaders Program is now available and open for Students from Asia, Middle East and Africa. Over 16,000 students from 130 countries applied to the Aspire Leaders Program in 2022, receiving a wide range of resources for leadership, academic, and professional development.
Students gain access to self-assessment tools, fully funded Harvard course materials, and live seminars with world-class educators. Through a global and intellectual community, participants interact with the global community as they grapple with questions of identity, technology, ethics, and structural change.
For students who complete stage five after completing the immersive online classroom experience, there are academic grants, community action awards, and mentoring opportunities available.
Harvard University Aspire Emerging Leaders Program Eligibility
This program is for students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18-26 years old
- Low-income background
- First-generation to attend university (parent(s) and/or primary caregiver(s) did not complete a bachelor’s level degree)
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program or recently graduated (within three years)
- Education impacted by a natural disaster and/or armed conflict (i.e. refugees or displaced persons)
For more details about eligibility, please see the FAQ.
Through the program, students will:
- Gain access to fully-funded HarvardX courses and leadership development tools.
- Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
- Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
Am I eligible if I applied for the 2022 Cycle One or Two Program?
If you applied to the program in 2022 and did not proceed through stage 5 then you are welcome to reapply in 2023! Congratulations on your commitment so far, and we hope to see you gain even more from the program this year.
Harvard University Aspire Emerging Leaders Program Application Timeline
Applications for the 2023 Aspire Leaders Program (ALP) Cycle One will open on November 16, 2022.
Early Action Deadline: December 14, 2022
Final Deadline: January 11, 2023
Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Program, emerging leaders will begin the mulit-stage program, if eligible, in January or February of 2023.
Aspire Institute’s leadership development offerings will tangibly support the next steps of your journey as a young leader. The Aspire alumni network is a dynamic and diverse group spanning countries around the world. Membership in this group provides access to mentorship, grants, networking, affinity groups, and local ambassador cohorts.
For participants in stages 1-3:
- Machine-learning-based skills assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Fully-funded HarvardX courses
- Live, interactive sessions featuring world-class educators from Harvard and other leading institutions worldwide from a range of disciplinary backgrounds
Aspire Institute will invite a selection of participants to apply for stage 5. These students will partake in professional development workshops and compile an application that includes:
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcript
- Video interview
Stage 5, immersive learning:
- Intensive final cohort program with case-study-based curricula
- Gain access to Alumni Network Programs and Extended Leadership Opportunities
Experimental pedagogical approaches and innovative uses of technology bring together faculty members across disciplines and students from all around the globe, creating a novel global and interdisciplinary classroom.
If you are an educator or leader in your community and believe that the program could be useful to your students or networks, please reach out to us here.
How to Apply for Harvard University Aspire Emerging Leaders Program
Can I apply if I have already graduated from university?
Yes, we accept students that are between 18-26 years old, who are going to begin an undergraduate program soon OR are enrolled in an undergraduate university program OR who are recent graduates of a university within the last 3 years. If you graduated exactly three years ago, you also qualify.
We hope this article was helpful. If it was, please like and share it with your loved ones.
Check and apply for other Scholarships on our website.
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- Harvard University Aspire Emerging Leaders Program
- Horatio Alger Scholarship Application Guide
- A*Star International Fellowship
- GEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship for Scientists in Developing Countries
- University of Minnesota Fellowship Application