Student Eligible for International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
Applicants must be:
- An offer holder for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at UWL, to commence study in September 2023. This means that you must have already applied for a course of study at this university and you must have already received an official offer from one of our admissions officers.
- A self-funded overseas full fee-paying paying student
The International Ambassador Scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to be an excellent international student ambassador.
It is very simple to apply for a taught postgraduate course with us as an international student; simply find a course that suits you, then on the course page follow the steps to apply using the ‘Apply Now’ button.
If you are applying for a research-based postgraduate course, please visit the research section for information on how to apply.
If you need further assistance or would like to discuss your application please contact the international office. As part of your application you will need to provide:
- academic transcripts (officially translated to English)
- a personal statement explaining why you are suitable for the course
- two professional and/or academic references
- a copy of your passport
- copies of any other supporting documents
If you are still studying please send the most up-to-date transcript you have. You may receive a ‘conditional offer’ until your studies are complete – this may then be upgraded to ‘unconditional’ when you complete your studies, if you meet the entry requirements.
Entry Requirement for International Students
To study a postgraduate course with us, you must meet the conditions below, as well as the specific entry requirements for your chosen course.
Visit your country page to find out the level of study and grades we accept from your country.
You must have, as a minimum, one of the following:
- an honours degree from any university in the UK or Republic of Ireland OR
- an honours degree from an approved institution of higher education outside the UK and the Republic of Ireland, please visit the Your Country information pages OR
- a recognised equivalent professional qualification
Please note work experience may be required for some postgraduate courses. You will also need to meet our English language requirement – please see below.
English language Requirement for International Students
See below for a list of acceptable tests and standard scores. Minimum scores vary amongst courses. Please visit course pages for specific English Language requirements. If you do not meet our English language requirements you can choose to take our Pre-sessional English Language Programme before you start your course. Note that a SELT is required to join our pre-sessional courses.
If you have studied a degree in a predominantly English-speaking country, you may be exempt and do not require an English language qualification. Pre-masters qualifications studied within the UK may also be accepted. Please check by emailing us.
IELTS tests must be taken at a UKVI Approved Test Centre. Please see the list of Approved Test Centre locations from the IELTS website.
- Enhanced Extended Masters – Overall score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing).
- Masters – Overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing).
- Enhanced Extended Masters – B2 level.
- Masters – B2 level.
- Enhanced Extended Masters – Overall score of 56, with a minimum score of 51 in each element.
- Masters – Overall score of 58, with a minimum score of 51 in each element.
- Enhanced Extended Masters – Overall score of 64, with a minimum score of 60 in each element (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing).
- Masters – Overall score of 69, with a minimum score of 60 in each element (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing).
- Enhanced Extended Masters – Total score of 78, Reading 18, Writing 17, Listening 17, Speaking 20.
- Masters – Total score of 86, Reading 18, Writing 17, Listening 17, Speaking 20.
Note: To be considered for the scholarship, you must have been offered a place to study on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of West London. The next deadline is 11 July 2023 for the September 2023 intake.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.uwl.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-study/fees-and-funding/bursaries-and-scholarships
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
We trust that we were able to give you all the information you required regarding this scholarship. Please leave any questions you may have in the space provided below.