Here is Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development open for application. Interested candidates are expected to check the scholarship guidelines below for eligibility, requirement, and how to apply.
Clubs and districts offer scholarships for secondary, undergraduate, or graduate study. These scholarships can be supported with funds raised locally or with Rotary Foundation district or global grants.
The Rotary Foundation offers scholarships for college graduates and professionals to study peace and conflict resolution.
Rotary peace fellowships are available to candidates who want to participate in a master’s degree or certificate program at one of our six partner universities.
Global grant scholarships
Global grants are for graduate students studying abroad in one of Rotary’s causes:
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
- Protecting the environment
Scholarships last from one to four years and can include an entire degree program. Global grant scholarships are funded using District Designated Funds (DDF), cash, and directed gifts and endowment earnings. The Foundation will provide an 80% World Fund match for all DDF contributions.
*Any approved University located in a country where there is a host Rotary club or district, outside of the applicant’s home country
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Graduate-level coursework or research in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus: Peace and conflict prevention/resolution, Disease prevention and treatment, Water and sanitation, Maternal and child health, Basic education and literacy, and Economic and community development.
Non-Rotarians sponsored by Rotary District or Clubs
The minimum budget for a global grant scholarship is $30,000 which can fund the following: Passport/visa, Inoculations, Travel expenses (as specified in the grant terms and conditions), School supplies, Tuition, Room and board, Household supplies, Language training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills).
Most personal and miscellaneous expenses are not covered by the scholarship funding.
Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants Eligibility
Both the district or club in the country where the activity is carried out and the international partner district or club must first become qualified before applying for a global grant. Learn more about the qualification process and grant management. Your club and district Rotary Foundation chairs can help you plan how to use your District Designated Funds and learn how to qualify your club.
Submitting a successful grant application
Consult with local experts early in the planning process to build a strong project plan and global grant application. The district resource network (see below) can help.
To be approved, your application must clearly describe how your project, scholarship, or vocational training team:
- Is sustainable — include plans for long-term success after the global grant funds have been spent
- Includes measurable goals
- Aligns with one of Rotary’s areas of focus
- Responds to real community needs — any club or district that applies for a global grant to support a humanitarian project or a vocational training team must conduct a community assessment first and design the project based on what they learn through that assessment.
- Actively involves Rotary and community members
- Meets the eligibility requirements in the grants terms and conditions
Applications are accepted throughout the year and are reviewed as they’re received. Learn more about the Global Grant Lifecycle.
Note: Sponsoring clubs and districts must submit their applications by June 30 to the Rotary Foundation for scholars who will begin studies in August, September, or October.
How to apply for Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants
Global grant applications are submitted online. The sponsor clubs or districts create the initial application, and the scholar candidate then completes the scholar profile online.
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- AAUW International Fellowship Program 2023 Application Guide
- Clark Art Institute Fellowship 2023 Application Guide
- IRP Research Grant 2023 Application Guide | Switzerland
- KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2023 Application Guide
- Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2023 Application Guide
Check and apply for other Scholarships on our website.