The Türkiye Scholarships for International Students is open for application. Interested and qualified candidates are expected to check the scholarship guidelines below for eligibility, requirement, and how to apply.
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Apart from providing education opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Türkiye offers scholarships to international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Türkiye.
Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
Details needed for the Türkiye Scholarships for International Students
Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if university officially stated acceptable). Most of these programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language medium programs) must attend 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
The scholarship includes university and program placement, monthly stipend (Bachelor: 1000 TL per month; Masters: 1,400 TL per month; PhD: 1,800 TL per month), tuition fees, once-off return flight ticket, health insurance, accommodation, and one year Turkish Language Course.
The normal duration of award is:
• Undergraduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years (depending on the normal duration of the program)
• Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years
• PhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
Individuals Eligible for the Türkiye Scholarships for International Students
Minimum Academic Criteria:
• Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
• Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
• Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
• To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
• To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
• To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
• To be under the age of 45 for Research Scholarships
• Citizens of all countries
• Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2023)
• Researchers and academicians
Türkiye Scholarships applications for 2023 will be received in one period, and applications will be open between 10th January- 20th February 2023 for international students from all countries.
What is special about Türkiye Scholarships?
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation and health insurance but also provides university placement and academic, social and cultural facilities to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Programs and Levels of Study
Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Other programs such as Research Scholarships, Success Scholarships, and KATİP have different application periods and are announced regularly on our website and social media channels.
The required documents needed for the Türkiye Scholarships for international students
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates. There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships. Candidates applying at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD levels are welcome to apply between 10 January – 20 February 2023. Research applicants can apply throughout the year.
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- AAUW International Fellowship Program 2023 Application Guide
- Clark Art Institute Fellowship 2023 Application Guide
- IRP Research Grant 2023 Application Guide | Switzerland
- KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2023 Application Guide
- Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2023 Application Guide
Check and apply for other Scholarships on our website.