Here is Umeå University Scholarships for International Students – open for application. Interested and qualified candidates are expected to check the scholarship guidelines below for eligibility, requirement, and how to apply.
Umeå University offers scholarships to talented and high-achieving students from outside the EU/EEA. Umeå University offers scholarships each year, in conjunction with the Autumn semester admission, to academically talented and high-achieving students. Scholarships offered are in the form of tuition-waivers. Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
Important information to note when applying for Umeå University Scholarships for International Students
Applicants aren’t notified that everything is OK with their documents; you’ll be notified only if there is something more that is required.
University Admissions will notify you by sending a message to your account here at Universityadmissions.se. We may ask for:
- documents related to previous studies
- ID documents
- documentation of English skills
- If you’re wondering when your documents arrived, you can check the ‘Documents’ section when you log in to your account. If you uploaded your documents, you’ll see a list of the files that you submitted to University Admissions. Unfortunately, you are unable to open and view these files.
- There is also a section for documents submitted by the postal/delivery service. It can take a few weeks to scan in and register the documents you submit this way. When the process is complete, you’ll see a listing with a date. The date will be the date your documents arrived.
The application review process takes time Due to the number of applications we receive, the application review process can take some time. Please note that an evaluation of your application does not automatically occur as soon as your documents are received. The application review process takes place up until the selection process, which occurs right before admissions results are posted. We appreciate your patience while the review process is completed.
Important things to consider when submitting documents
All copies of your officially-issued university documents must be certified as true copies of the original. This means that the copies must be stamped and signed by the issuing institution, or a notary public.
Copies can only be made from the original officially issued document, for example degrees, diplomas, certificates, etc. Copies of copies will not be accepted.
In order to certify document copies, you must present both the original and the copy of the document to the person carrying out the certification. Each copy and page must be certified separately and clearly indicate:
- the signature of the certifying officer
- the stamp of the issuing institution or notary public
- the name and address or provider/registration number (where applicable) of the certifying officer. This must be printed so it can be read below the signature or in the stamp. It must be possible for University Admissions to contact the certifying officer if necessary. A stamp stating only “True certified copy” will not be accepted.
Documents certified by the issuing institution must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar’s Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues degrees and official transcripts of records at your university. Certification by other staff, such as faculty or college staff members, is not acceptable.
Other documents submitted by regular post
The copies of some documents you submit by regular post or a delivery service must be attested. This means that someone must attest to the fact that the copy is a true copy of the original document. You can ask a teacher, school official or friend to attest the copy for you. On each copy, they must:
- print their name,
- provide their signature, and
- write their telephone number.
The following document copies must be attested:
- Upper secondary (high school) documents
- Copies of English test results (please note that some English test results must be submitted in another way, see English language requirements for more information)
What is the requirement?
For courses and programmes at the bachelor’s level, the general entry requirement for English is studies equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
For most master’s level courses and programmes, the requirement is also the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6. There are some master’s level courses and programmes where English 5 or English 7 is the requirement. Always check the course description page at the university’s website to find out exactly what the requirement is.
Applicant Eligible for Umeå University Scholarships for International Students
We welcome you to apply for the scholarship if you:
- are a citizen of a country outside of EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- have completed your application for programme studies at master’s level (before the application deadline of 17 January) and have paid the application fee by 1 February latest.
- have Umeå University programme as priority 1 on the University Admissions website.
The selections are based entirely on the applicant’s academic merit. A committee appointed by the Vice-Chancellor is tasked with selecting candidates for scholarships.
- When the application form opens, eligible students will receive an e-mail with application instructions. Only applicants with a Umeå University programme as priority 1 or second year master students at Umeå University (i.e. students who are currently in their first master year) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- If you are currently studying at Umeå University, and will continue your studies the upcoming academic year, you are also welcome to apply.
You must have completed your application for admissions for a Umea University Master’s programme via universityadmissions.se by 16 January 2023 in order to apply for the scholarship. When the application form opens, eligible students will receive an e-mail with application instructions. Deadline for scholarship applications is 15 February 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the scholarship application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.umu.se/en/education/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/
Other Important Scholarships for 2023
- Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships 2023 Application
- KAUST Internship 2023 Application Process | Fully Funded
- CERN Internship for Students with Disabilities 2023 Application Guide
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2023 Application Guide
- NATO Defense College Fellowships 2023 Application Guide
Check and apply for other Scholarships on our website.
We trust that we were able to give you all the information you required regarding this scholarship. Please leave any questions you may have in the space provided below.